Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Studio Calico Weekly Challenge - Hexagons

Hey everyone,
This is my take on the weekly challenge over at Studio Calico for May 21st 2012.



I really wanted to use my hexagon stamp in a new way for me so I stamped it out into a honeycomb on the pic of my lil one and then cut it out. I pop dotted the focal point of the image (my lil man sittin' up all by himself).


Its hard to capture in the photo but I actually clear embossed the mistable hexagons (it spells his name). Then rubbed them on an inkpad (misting them with the my hueys wasn't workin' for me). Also, the ones that are clearest are from my distress inks - for whatever reason they seemed to make the embossing pop better. I think I'll go back and re-do the other couple. You can see it best on the orange hexagon with the 'n' in it.


 
I then stamped the hexagon onto some different papers from the kit and then pieced together an arrangement of hexagons that balances the other side of the paper. I stamped the hexagon a couple more times directly onto the paper and then added my handwritten date and a teensy bit of journalling that tried to fall off of the page.

I added a title to the existing 'be.' word with some grey stamping from a CTMH alphabet stamp I have in my stash et voila a layout in the middle of the night while all my boys sleep.

Thanks for checking it out!

K
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that so cool...i would never even think to do something like that...very very creative...many thanks for the lovely comment and thanks for sharing this fabulous project..

    ReplyDelete